On Friday night the Buffalo Bills surprised every one by picking EJ Manuel in the first round. All of the hype was on Geno Smith, Matt Barkley, and Ryan Nassib but no one was paying attention to Florida State quarterback, EJ Manuel. It was a very emotional night for Manuel, his mom has been battling breast cancer for a long time and during the Orange Bowl vs Northern Illinois she was very sick and was not in the condition to attend EJ’s final game as a Seminal. Mrs. Manuel has taken care of EJ his whole life while fighting this wicked disease but now it is his time to take care of her. Mrs. Manuel is cancer free right now and her son is the man in Buffalo. I think that Manuel is going to be an instant success because of all of the weapons around him. He will be able to throw the deep ball to Stevie Johnson and T.J Graham. Behind Manuel will be explosive running back CJ Spiller. I think Doug Marrone will have a fun time and will establish a option where EJ can pitch it to Spiller or use his break away speed and take it himself. I think the Buffalo Bills will have a similar offense to the 49ers and I think the Buffalo Bills will make it into the playoffs this year.
The NFL Draft is hours away and I can’t wait. Here’s a list of the top three steals of the 2013 NFL Draft.
Jordan is the top rated pass rusher coming into the draft and I don’t think he is going to upset. Jordan is quick, tall, strong, and has one of the hardest hits I have ever seen. Dion Jordan reminds me of Mario Williams, former number one draft pick to the Texans and current defensive stud for the Buffalo Bills. Both of these guys are freaks of nature, they are as tall as the Empire State building and there is not an ounce of fat on either defensive end. I think Dion Jordan is the best player in the draft.
Smith is the top rated quarterback. He has many doubters that say he is over rated but I think he will prove them wrong. Smith has a gun for an arm and if he is in trouble he is a good scrambler. I think Geno will add a high gun slinging mentality to whichever team he will be drafted by, probably the Buffalo Bills and make their offense unstoppable.
Denard Robinson, QB/WR/HB, Michigan:
Most of you probably think I am crazy right now but Robinson will not play quarterback in the league. He has top speed and at any moment can use his explosiveness to break away and run down field for six. I think he will be a dangerous kick returner and he could be a wildcat QB like Brad Smith. Robinson is no Lottery pick but he is one dangerous player.
See happens tonight when the NFL draft starts at 8:00 pm eastern time!
This is going to be a better series than most people expect, the Bucks have a lot of talent. Monta Ellis is going to rack up points every night, Brandon Jennings will dime assists, and Larry Sanders will play lights out defense. Miami should not under estimate this team. I think the Heat are too strong though.
Prediction: Heat in 6
The Celtics are an old team but they have the playoff experience, unlike the Knicks who have not made it past the first round in three years. Jeff Green has played amazing in the last couple games for the Celtics. He is one of the only young guns on that Boston team and needs to play great for them to get past New York. The Knicks are loaded on offense with Carmelo Anthony, J.R Smith, and Iman Shumpert.
Prediction: Knicks in 7
The Hawks had the 5th seed stolen right out of their hands by the Chicago Bulls and now they have to play a very tough team, the Indiana Pacers. Both of these teams are talented even though the seeding numbers are lop sided favoring the Pacers. Paul George has been a breakout star for this Indiana team and I think he is the reason they will advance.
Prediction: Pacers in 7
This match up is a very intriguing match up. One of the most historic programs in the NBA against a team full of playoff inexperience. The Nets are hot right now and Joe Johnson is leading the charge, but I think Nate Robinson will win it for the Bulls.
Prediction: Bulls in 6
What a great story line, one of the most controversial trades in the NBA, the James Harden trade. And know Harden is back playing the Thunder in the playoffs. The Rockets are a high powered offense that doesn’t play defense. They try to outscore opposing teams but they have had trouble against other high powered teams like the Thunder. I have the Thunder blowing out Houston.
Prediction: Thunder in 4
This game is a game of the oldies, both teams are very old. THe Lakers have fought so hard without Kobe to make the playoffs. That’s why I think the Spurs will win the series. The Lakers are worn out by the fight they fought to make the postseason.
Prediction: Spurs in 5
This series is going to be intense, it is the high flying offense of Denver against the three point assault of Golden State. This is going to a high scoring series but I trust Ty Lawson to win it.
Prediction: Nuggets in 6
This seems like it is becoming a playoff rivalry after a few years. Lob City vs the Grizzlies. After Memphis traded away Rudy Gay they seem more solid as a team. I think the Grizzlies will get revenge from last year and win. It looks like the Grizzlies may be walking in Memphis a little longer.
Prediction: Grizzlies in 7
The NBA regular season is coming to an end and the playoffs are near which means the NBA draft is around the corner. I am so excited right now with all that is going on I decided to make a Mock Draft. I will analyze the top 10 NBA prospects and make my predictions. So here is my top 10 NBA Mock Draft.
Once again the Bobcats are at the bottom of the pack. They were so bad that they would be better off with their 50 year old owner on the court, Michael Jordan. In my opinion Noel would be a perfect fit with the Cats. He has great upside to his game and is also only a freshman. Noel had his season destroyed when he tore his ACL against the Florida Gators. He has to have time to recover but when time comes Noel will be at the top of the charts.
The Magic have really struggled after the departure of Dwight Howard. I think McLemore would be just the man to turn this organization around. McLemore is not at his full potential yet but he will be there soon, and when he gets there he will be a huge star. If the Magic want to get back to the top they need to Draft Ben McLemore.
3. Phoenix Suns: Shabazz Muhammad, SG/SF, UCLA
The Suns have looked like a lost puppy after Steve Nash left to sign with the Lakers. They need some good play at the SG/SF position BIG TIME, and Muhammad will give you that. He was the top recruit going into college, but didn’t live up to all of his great expectations. I think it is because of his inexperience, but he has one year of college under the belt so I think he will be ready. Shabazz Muhammad can help bring the the Suns back to life.
The Cleveland Cavaliers have a bright future with rising star Kyrie Irving. They have one star in Cleveland but it wouldn’t hurt to have another one. I think Otto Porter would complement the play of Kyrie Irving very well. If the Cavs pick up Porter they could be an unstoppable force.
5. New Orleans Hornets: Trey Burke, PG, Michigan
Burke is the hottest name going into the draft, winning every single player of the year award possible. He has had many comparisons to Chris Paul, who used to be a Hornet. Once Paul left, New Orleans has really been in the bottom of the standings. They need a new Chris Paul, and Burke is the man to do it. In my opinion Burke is the best player going into the draft and loves the big moments. Burke is the best college player and he will be a huge name in a couple years in the NBA. Last year the Hornets picked center Anthony Davis number one overall and with Burke along side him the Hornets will be back in playoff contention, and maybe even title contention. The New Orleans Hornets need to draft Trey Burke.
The Pistons have a solid front-court but Bennett has too much talent to pass up. He’s very young but his talent makes him look like a fifth year senior. He is long and lengthy, can score inside, a solid shooter, and he is a threat from three point range. If the Pistons pass up Bennett they will make a big mistake.
The Kings have had a rough year and the locker room has been dead. No one wants to give the ball up, there are some problems in California’s capital. Oladipo is the man to spark up the locker room in Sacramento. His electrifying game will get the bench up on their feet and brighten up the mood in Sacramento. The Kings should definitely draft Victor Oladipo.
The Nation’s capital hasn’t had a good season since they were the Bullets. Jamaal Franklin could get them out of the shadows though, he already did it to another program when he was at San Diego State so why can’t he turn the Wizards around? He is a lethal three point shooter and is automatic energy. Jamaal Franklin would be a total steal.
The T-Wolves looked like a playoff contender at the beginning of the year, but they slowly moved their way out of contention. They could use Carter-Williams. He is explosive, quick, and a good passer. He would a great back up for the always hurt Ricky Rubio.
10. Oklahoma City Thunder (via Toronto): Glenn Robinson III, SF/PF, Michigan
The Thunder have dominated the Western Conference, and they are my pick to win the NBA Finals this year. GR3 had a great freshman season with the Wolverines and has boosted his draft stock very high. He is a high flying explosive dunker that will always get the crowd roaring, and in OKC the crowd is already 100x louder then any other team. He has developed his three point shooting and is always a threat from mid-range. Robinson is still very young but playing behind superstar Kevin Durant will elevate his game. He will be a good back up at the small forward position, which they need and he will learn from Durant. I think Glenn Robinson III will be a future superstar in the association. The OKC Thunder wouldn’t want to miss out on Glenn Robinson III.
The NBA Playoffs are almost here and it has been a great season but the best is yet to come. The top teams have made a stand and the eight seeds are fighting for just a spot, I can’t wait. So here’s my prediction for the seeding in the Eastern Conference.
1. Miami Heat: The Miami Heat were riding one of the biggest win streaks until the inconsistent Chicago Bulls ended it. Even though their streak is dead they have the best record in the NBA and they are the reigning Champions. LeBron has just been great this year, Wade hasn’t disappointed, and Bosh has been solid too. They have some of the biggest names in basketball on their team, and they are no fluke. The Miami Heat are going to be a tough out in this year’s Playoffs.
2. New York Knicks: The Knicks were also recently on a winning streak which similar to the Heat’s was crushed by the Bulls. New York has never been able to get back to the top since the days of Patrick Ewing. It always seems like the Knicks are an easy out in the first round, but this time I have a feeling that won’t happen. Carmelo Anthony has really had a stand out year, he has finally made his team a real contender, and is giving Kevin Durant a run for his money in the scoring title. Also I think Iman Shumpert could play a big role in the Knicks success. After he tore his ACL last year in a playoff game against the Heat, the team never seemed the same. Now he is back and healthier than ever. Shumpert I think is going to be a future star. If the New York Knicks want to make a deep run Shumpert has to have a big role.
3. Indiana Pacers: The Pacers have really come out of the shadows, and they are looking like a old Reggie Miller Pacers team. One of the main parts of their success is rising star Paul George. For the past couple years the Pacers really didn’t have a star player. They were just a solid team without a superstar. This year their shooting guard, Paul George, has risen to the occasion. He has had the greatest season so far of his young career, has made his first all-star appearance and he has lead his Pacers team to a number three seed. George has played outstanding and so has the whole team. The Pacers could be very dangerous, so watch out Miami.
4. Brooklyn Nets: The Nets have a new face to the franchise ever since Jay-z bought them and moved them from New Jersey to Brooklyn. They got a new logo, new colors, new jerseys, they picked up some new players, and most importantly they upped their game. Signing Joe Johnson in the offseason helped put them in the playoffs. He has really turned this team around, and I think he has to be the one to play big if they want a chance to win the East. Johnson has playoff experience from his time with the Hawks and the Suns but he is one of the only players on this team that actually has experience in the playoffs. The Nets inexperience might come to hurt them but people said that about the Thunder last year and they made it to the Finals. I think the Nets might have a tough road ahead of them which could start in the first round.
5. Atlanta Hawks: The Hawks are a team that you expect to make the Playoffs every year. In the offseason they lost their best player, Joe Johnson, to free agency and everyone thought that the Hawks might have a rough season but they proved them wrong. Josh Smith has had a big year as we expected but also point guard Jeff Teague has played exceptionable. Teague has been a role player for most of his young career but he is suddenly transforming into a star. He is a great passer, a good on-on-one defender, can hit from mid-range, drives to the hoop well, and he is a lethal three point shooter. He plays great in the spot light and this is his time to shine. If Teague has a good postseason the Hawks could go far.
6. Chicago Bulls: This year hasn’t been that great for the Bulls. You might be asking yourself, they made the Playoffs …isn’t that good? Well in Chicago there is a high standard set by the greatest player that has ever lived, Michael Jordan. The city of Chicago loves their basketball and they are quite upset with the Bulls, trust me I am from Chicago. It really wasn’t their fault though because they have been bitten by the injury bug. Last year their star player, Derrick Rose, tore his ACL and has yet to come back this year. Then Joakim Noah stared to take over the star role and he got hurt. Although this season hasn’t been the best, there is one bright spot. Nate Robinson has stood out and has played like Russell Westbrook. The year is still young and Robinson can be the spark to help the Bulls go far. The Bulls will probably have a brutal bracket to get through but Nate Robinson has the talent to pull them through it.
7. Boston Celtics: The Celtics have had a rough year. Rajon Rondo tore his ACL, Kevin Garnett is hurt, and Paul Pierce is also injured. So the big bad Celtics have been narrowed down by injury. The Celtics go far almost every year, but this year it is not likely to happen. They are an old team that is hurt. Jason Terry is their only star who will play. He might have won the 2011 finals with the Mavericks but he is getting very old. I don’t think the Celtics are going to be able to run with the young teams in the Playoffs. I believe that the big bad Boston Celtics will be an early out.
8. Milwaukee Bucks: The Bucks haven’t made the Playoffs since 2010, but this team has a lot more talent then the 2010 team. The turn around for the Bucks was when they got Monta Ellis. He was a perfect steal. He complements the play of Brandon Jennings very well. It has been awhile since the Bucks had two superstars on one team but they do now. Brandon Jennings and Monta Ellis have done a great job turning around this team and getting them to the playoffs. They have a very hard first round ahead of them and will probably play Miami.
Stay tuned for my Western Conference predictions.
It is the last college basketball game of the year, the National Championship. Today’s Match Up of the Day is the Michigan Wolverines vs the Louisville Cardinals. This game is going to be amazing… I am so excited I’m shaking! This game is going to be a match up of two completely different teams. Louisville, who is great on defense and Michigan, who is outstanding on offense. Both of these teams have been doubted throughout the year but have proved the haters wrong, and they have truly risen to the occasion.
Michigan’s Keys: If Michigan wants to finally cut down the nets and become National Champions, Player of the Year Trey Burke needs to show up and not play like he did against Syracuse. When they played Syracuse he only made one field goal. If he does that tonight it might be the Cards celebrating at the end of the game. Michigan does have experience with a full court press when they played VCU in the round of 32. In that game Burke easily broke through and hit a man for a open jumper. Burke has to have a big game for the Wolverines. We know he is a big time player and he loves the spot light so he has to shine in the big moment. Also Michigan needs to get off to a good start, get ahead, and most importantly don’t let Louisville come back once they take that lead. Louisville did it against Syracuse in the Big East Championship and they did it against the Shockers in the Final Four. If that happens Louisville would take the momentum, suck the life out of Michigan, and probably run away with the game. If Michigan wants to be the kings of college hoops, it is critical that they don’t let Louisville comeback.
Louisville: If Louisville wants to win it all, Gorgui Dieng has to be a factor. He has to contain Mitch McGary who has been great this Tournament. Dieng can block shots with ease and McGary is very physical, so it will be a challenge. Also Kevin Ware is a big factor. Im sure most of us saw his gruesome injury vs Duke, all of the players want to win it for Kevin. He can be a big inspiration as long as the players keep their emotions in check.
Prediction: This game is going to be so close it will probably come down to the last possession. This is what I have in my bracket. I think both these teams are very good but I trust Burke and I think he is going to win it with a buzzer beater. I have Michigan becoming the 2013 NCAA basketball Champs.
Finally the madness is at its apex, the FInal Four is here! Now the TV ratings boost up. Almost everybody is going to tune in. Both of the games today are going to be fantastic but today the Match Up of the Day is the Michigan Wolverines vs the Syracuse Orange. This game is on CBS at 8:49 ET. This game is going to be a fast pace up and down affair. I picked this game because it is the team with the best defense in the Tournament , Syracuse, vs the best offensive team in the Tournament, Michigan.
Michigan’s keys: If Michigan wants to head to the National Championship the key is the play of the Wolverines wings, Tim Hardaway Jr and Nik Stauskas. We all know Syracuse is going to attack them with their deadly 2-3 zone defense. Trey Burke can exploit it but then he needs to kick it out to one of the wings for a three point shot. In their last game against Florida Stauskas went six for six from three point range. If Stauskas and Hardaway knock down the threes, the Orange might be in some huge trouble. Also another key for Michigan is Mitch McGary. He had been huge for the Wolverines this March and it doesn’t seem like he is going to stop any time soon. He has to play big to take some of the load of of Burke. If this all happens Michigan might just play one more game in Atlanta.
Syracuse’s Keys: Throughout this Tournament the Orange’s stifling defense has been giving the opposing coaches a lot more grey hair. The key for Syracuse is Michael Carter Williams. He has been crucial for the Orange this March, and he has not disappointed anyone yet. He is only a sophomore but has played like a five year senior. Every game he has showed up and was a prime performer. If the Orange want to survive Carter Williams has to play great.
Prediction: This game is going to be amazing, it’s the best of the best in College hoops facing off against each other. I think that Michigan is going to shoot lights out from the field and that’s why I have the Michigan Wolverines advancing to the National Championship.